I hope you all had a great start to the new week! I’m sorry I was so MIA this weekend, life took over! I spent a lot of time with my family this weekend and just needed some time to unplug from the virtual world.
In a previous post I mentioned that I bought some chickpeas but didn’t know how I wanted to use them yet. Over the weekend I decided to make homemade chickpea flour and used it for pancakes yesterday. They were so fluffy and delicious!
Banana Cinnamon Chickpea Flour Pancakes (Makes 1 Serving)
Makes 5-6 small pancakes.
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 small mashed banana
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice (Stevia: 1-2 teaspoons, Honey: 1-2 tablespoons)
- 3-4 tablespoons water or skim milk
- Preheat your stovetop to medium heat and spray a pan with non-stick spray. If you don’t have non-stick spray, put some olive oil in your pan.
- Put all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.
- Use a large spoon to put some of the pancake batter into your pan. You could also add all the batter at once, if you want one big pancake.
- Once the side that’s facing up starts bubbling a little bit, flip the pancake to the other side with a spatula.
- Repeat stages 3 and 4 until there is no pancake batter left.
I topped my pancakes with cinnamon and honey. After the pictures were taken, I topped them with yogurt and berries. You can top them with whatever you like! :)
What did you do this weekend? Have you ever made your own chickpea flour? Favorite pancake toppings?